The Foundation’s mission is to maintain, conserve, protect and enhance the Forks of Coal State Natural Area by providing leadership in communication, funding, advocacy and conservation education for children and the community. This includes helping to raise the funds to build the new Claudia L. Workman Wildlife Education Center, which is already in the planning and design stages.
Trails, signage and outdoor exhibits are planned to enhance the outdoor experience for the Area. Flora, fauna, geologic and Coal River history exhibits, an outdoor classroom, stream restoration and much more are being developed. Educational events will be scheduled throughout the year.
Buy a Brick – Build a Legacy:
You can contribute now to the fundraising campaign for the Claudia L. Workman Wildlife Education Center at the Forks of Coal Natural Area! Buy a personalized brick to make your name or the memory of a loved one a permanent part of the Wildlife Education Center.
What’s happening at the Foundation:
- UPCOMING! Special Event Invitation: Forks of Coal Event Invitation Oct 25 201
- See Design Renderings for the Claudia L. Workman Wildlife Education Center at the Forks of Coal Natural Area. Click here: FoC DD2 Design 12-18-17 condensed to 15 pgs
- Get the Most Recent Newsletter (Summer 2018 Edition): The Current
- Read our feature story in Wonderful West Virginia Magazine: WWVA Oct 2017-Where The Rivers Meet
- Get the trail map: forks-of-coal-natural-area-trail-map