We invite you to become a member of the Forks of Coal State Natural Area Foundation. Please join us in supporting the Foundation’s conservation and wildlife education mission for this 102-acre natural treasure just south of Charleston along Corridor G. This land, located between the Little Coal and Big Coal Rivers, was entrusted to the State by the late Jack Workman to honor the memory of his beloved wife Claudia.
The Foundation’s mission is to maintain, conserve, protect and enhance the Forks of Coal State Natural Area by providing leadership in communication, funding, advocacy and conservation education for children and the community.
This includes helping to raise the funds to:
- furnish exhibits for the new Claudia L. Workman Wildlife Education Center, which is already under construction;
- develop trails, signage, and outdoor exhibits to enhance the area’s experience;
- create flora, fauna, geologic and Coal River history exhibits, an outdoor classroom, stream restoration and much more;
- sponsor educational events that will be scheduled throughout the year.
- Single $25
- Family $35
- Acorn $50
- Rhododendron $100
- Wood Duck $250
- Great Blue Heron $500
- Golden Eagle $1,000 or more
NEW! Wildlife Education Center Building Fund:
- The Claudia L. Workman Wildlife Education Center – “Buy a Brick, Build a Legacy” – Click Here to buy your personalized brick for the Center and be part of the legacy.
- Click Here to provide a general donation by credit/debit card or PayPal to the Forks of Coal Foundation.
- Send a Check to: Forks of Coal Natural Area Foundation, P.O.Box 5556 Charleston, WV 25361
KROGER COMMUNITY REWARDS PROGRAM
If you shop at Kroger Stores, you can participate in the Kroger Community Rewards Program, and support the Foundation by logging into your Kroger account and searching for the Forks of Coal State Natural Area Foundation either by name or our organization number – LU195, then click Enroll. New users will need to create an account with a valid e-mail address and a Rewards card.
Thank you for your support! The Forks of Coal Foundation is recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as a 501(C)(3) non-profit organization.