We invite you to become a member of the Forks of Coal State Natural Area Foundation. Please join us in supporting the Foundation’s conservation and wildlife education mission for this 102-acre natural treasure just south of Charleston along Corridor G. This land, located between the Little Coal and Big Coal Rivers, was entrusted to the State by the late Jack Workman to honor the memory of his beloved wife Claudia.
The Foundation’s mission is to maintain, conserve, protect and enhance the Forks of Coal State Natural Area by providing leadership in communication, funding, advocacy and conservation education for children and the community.
This includes helping to raise the funds to:
- build the new Claudia L. Workman Wildlife Education Center, which is already in the planning and design stages.
- develop trails, signage, and outdoor exhibits to enhance the area’s experience.
- create flora, fauna, geologic and Coal River history exhibits, an outdoor classroom, stream restoration and much more are being developed.
- sponsor educational events that will be scheduled throughout the year.
Click Here to donate by credit/debit card or PayPal.
- Send a Check to: Forks of Coal Natural Area Foundation, P.O.Box 5556 Charleston, WV 25361
The Forks of Coal Foundation is recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as a 501C-3 non-profit organization.